Re: Exception handling + Optimisation

Alexandre Oliva <oliva@dcc.unicamp.br> writes:

> David Gilbert <dg@cogency.co.uk> writes:
>
> >   Can someone tell me whether exception handling works with optimisation
> > enabled.
>
> Yes, it does.
>
> > I remember a long while ago it didn't
>
> That was the case in gcc 2.7.* only; EH with optimization is suported
> in 2.8.* and egcs.

It seems to turn off some optimizations though - e.g. I find this
in the haifa scheduler/is_cfg_nonregular:

	  /* If we have exception handlers, then we consider the cfg not well
	     structured.  ?!?  We should be able to handle this now that flow.c
	     computes an accurate cfg for EH.  */
	 if (exception_handler_labels)
	     return 1;

and it turns off interblock scheduling in this case.

-Andi