Re: bug report...

On 5 Jun 1998, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Artur Jorge Azevedo Carvalho <ajc@inescn.pt> writes:
>
> > the error seems to be in having a struct defined inside a function
> > template
>
> Yup, AFAI recall, the problem has to do with generating templates of
> local classes in function templates.  Bear in mind, however, that
> using local classes as template arguments is *not* ANSI/ISO C++
> ([temp.arg.type]/2 explicitly forbits this), it is an extension
> provided by gcc and egcs.

I'm sorry, I missed the first part of this thread.  Can you provide a small
snippet of code that illustrates this?  You say this is explicitly
forbidden from ISO C++ and it is supported anyway by egcs; is there a
warning or compiler flag that prevents someone from inadvertently writing
this non-portable code?

thanks,
-bp
--