Re: How to get top-level library installed in lib/gcc-lib/...?

  In message <199806060019.UAA04442@melange.gnu.org>you write:
  > Just pulling in the relevant line from egcs/gcc/configure to set,
  > and define when making egcs/libf2c/Makefile, the $(version) macro,
  > isn't straightforward, because egcs/gcc/configure is a shell
  > script as source code, while egcs/libf2c/configure is an autoconf-
  > produced shell script (and I don't know much about writing autoconf
  > source, so I can't just translate the "version=`sed ...`" into
  > autoconf source offhand).
Hmmm, egcs/gcc/configure is an autoconf configure script, presumably
you'd just need to copy the appropriate come from gcc/configure.in
and tweak it to find version.c from the right location.