Re: MT save exception handling

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Andreas Wimmer wrote:

> >From what I have read so far in this mailing list, egcs is supposed to support
> exception handling in multithreaded applications on my system (linux 2.0.33,
> glibc 2.06, binutils 2.9.1.0.4, egcs 1.03a)
> egcs has been configured with:
>   "--prefix=/usr/local/egcs --enable-threads --enable-shared --enable-haifa"

I don't believe that any official release yet supports thread-safe
EH---though admittedly I haven't been keeping up.

Get an experimental snapshot of EGCS. Unpack it and go to the ./gcc
subdirectory. Edit the file called gthr.h, adding the following
at the top:

#define __GTHREADS 1
#define _PTHREADS 1

Then do the install. The libgcc.a library will then have unresolved
references that require a POSIX threading library. If your libc has
these functions in it, you are OK. Otherwise you have to add the
threading library on your linking command line---even for non-threaded
programs.

Works great for me.