Re: can't resolve symbol '__register_frame_info'

Manfred Hollstein wrote:

> To fix the problem, you should
>
>   1. Add all directories which contain _your_ private shared libs
>      to LD_RUN_PATH prior to linking your executables, and/or
>   2. Add a -Wl,-rpath,<dir> for all these directories, or
>   3. Remove all your own lib*.so files from your private directories.
>
> Since  I didn't want  to use  KDE4's libjpeg.so,  I removed libjpeg.so
> (and libgdbm.so) from my  private installation directory and re-linked
> the particular applications; now ImageMagick is running like a charm.

Excuse me?  What happened to LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
Are there *two* ways of specifying the same information?
Also, for the particular application, I am using :

    ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.2

which builds a shared lib for me and a magical shell script that
is supposed to do the right thing when invoking the uninstalled
program.  So, does libtool need updating to work with egcs?