Re: Loop unrolling

re: removing emptly loops:

> If someone actually bitches, I suppose we could provide a switch
> to disable the optimization, but I would prefer that it be on by
> default.

Fine with me.  I suggest that there be a flag

-fremove-empty-loops

which is on by default (or, at least, turned on by -O or -Ospace),
and that we tell users that they can say

-fno-remove-empty-loops

if they really need them for some reason.  The only reason for this
is that it has been in the manual for so long that empty loops are
not removed.  We may both think that no one cares, but I'm afraid
that someone will, and possibly he will be one of your customers.