This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: why isn't the .eh_frame section marked READONLY?
- To: jbuck at synopsys dot com (Joe Buck), egcs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: why isn't the .eh_frame section marked READONLY?
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 02 Jun 1998 03:06:12 -0700
- References: <199806020107.SAA21580.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> Joe Buck <email@example.com> writes:
> Some folks in comp.os.linux.development.system are asking why
> the .eh_frame section isn't readonly. It's never changed at
> runtime, is it? Is there some other reason it must be writable?
Because it has relocations, so the dynamic loader needs to fix it up.