Re: A patch for g77.f-torture/compile/980424-0.f

  In message <m0ygVNw-000268C@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
  > Here is my new patch. Basically, only constant 0 may have the same
  > bit representation for INT, FLOAT and COMPLEX. Anything else is a bug.
  > But it is incorrect on machine where constant 0 has different bit
  > representation for INT, FLOAT and COMPLEX. But gcc should know which
  > machine does that. We can add
Your patch is wrong.  Any attempt to special case const0, const1, etc
is wrong in this hunk of code.  Period.  This is a generic problem
and must be solved with a more general solution.

I believe I know how to fix this correctly, but I want to run it by
someone first.

jeff