Re: How to compile KDE Beta 4 using egcs, without patching KDE or egcs

  In message <000b01bd8ccd$ce11cfa0$e901a8c0@pentium233>you write:
  > Ok, it might be old news, but I've only just discovered it, and I feel
  > everyone should hear about this, as it's one of those helpful pieces of
  > information.
  >
  > If you are getting an "_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: errno: 111" from your X
  > server, then the fix is below.
  >
  > I know for sure that on an x86, if you compile your kernel using egcs (or
  > gcc 2.8) then the optimisation will actually optimise out and important
  > section.
This problem is covered in the egcs FAQ.  It is a bug in the linux
kernel.

  > Actually, this section is *so* important, you won't notice it until you try
  > to compile KDE Beta 4. This may also prevent you compiling qt-1.33, as I
  > couldn't compile that either, so I went and got the binaries.
I also believe there is a section in the FAQ describing problems with
KDE.

http://www.cygnus.com/egcs/faq.html
jeff