re: getting libio to work

Hello,
  The main reason I have been trying to get egcs to compile and pass tests
is that I need libio to be recognized for OmniBroker to compile.  I am
wondering what it takes to get the libraries to compile and be correctly
installed.
  Right now I do:
mkdir objdir
cd objdir
../egcs-1.0.3a/configure
make bootstrap
make install
cd libraries
cd libiberty
cd ../libstdc++
make
make install
cd ../libio
make
make install
cd ../../
make install
make check -k

  It seems that when I do the make in each library directory that they
haven't been compiled yet (no .o files in there at that time), so that
there is something I am not doing to get everything compiled and
installed.

  Thanx for any suggestions.

Compiler: gcc-2.8.1 or cc, under Solaris2.6.1 on a Sparc IPC.  I was using
egcs-1.0.2 but accidentally overwrote the directory.

  I am using:
GNU Make version 3.76.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
GNU m4 1.4
autoconf-2.12
GNU Bison version 1.25
and dejagnu from egcs.com.

  I have updated as much as I knew about, but this is a small example of
my current system.

James Black (Comp Sci/Elec Eng Senior)
e-mail: black@eng.usf.edu       http://www.eng.usf.edu/~black/index.html
For my public key: finger -l black@eng.usf.edu
"A person might be able to play without being creative, but he sure
can't be creative without playing" Kurt Hanks & Jay Parry