Re: auto_ptr?

Hi all!

  I am also curious in this regard.  I was also under the impression that this has been finalized.  Release 1.0.3 seems very stable and very ISO compliant, except that it does not throw bad_alloc, and this auto_ptr business.  I would imagine that SGI or someone has a compliant auto_ptr implementation that we can patch or include.

Thanks

Peter Garner

Peter Simons wrote :

In the memory include file I read:

| // Note: auto_ptr is commented out in this release because the
| // details of the interface are still being discussed by the C++
| // standardization committee. It will be included once the iterface
| // is finalized.
|
| #if 0
| [...]

Is this still true? I was under the impression that auto_ptr has been settled by now. At least it is covered in great detail in Stroustrup's latest edition of "The C++ programming language" and quite a few programs I tried to compile want to use it. Just curious.