Architectural Documentation

I'm happy to report that I recently d/l'd the latest release of EGCS
1.0.3a (2.0.29) which built correctly under my ix86 Linux box and was
then able to rebuild my kernel with the new compiler. Everything worked
right the first time which truly shocked me.

I'm very interested in getting a compiler that implements the new
standard (especially the templates and RTTI aspects) correctly and
efficiently. I understand, but haven't confirmed, that the template
implementations of gcc (and thus, egcs) may have a bit work left in
them. I'd be willing to hack these aspects of the compiler but I need to
get up to speed on the code's architecture.

Thus far, I really can not find any documentation on how the system is
designed or how the code is organized. I've looked for both gcc/g++ and
egcs documentation. Does such a thing exist or must one attempt to gleam
all knowledge directly from the source code?

Also, is there a source where I can find summarizations of this list?

	regards,

		Ben Scherrey