Re: none

Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> writes:

>   In message <orbtsocg0k.fsf@zecarneiro.lsd.dcc.unicamp.br>you write:
>> -	  echo "set tmpdir /tmp" >> ./tmp0 ; \
>> +	  echo "set tmpdir $${TESTSUITE_TMPDIR-/tmp}" >> ./tmp0 ; \

> Is there some reason to use TESTSUITE_TMPDIR over TMPDIR?

Yes.  I already have TMPDIR set to /tmp, which is usually mounted on
virtual memory (tmpfs); this is very fast for compiling files.
However, I wanted to be able to run simultaneous tests of egcs, with
different configuration flags (--{dis,en}able-haifa, for example), but
using a single TMPDIR caused name clashes in files created by
dejagnu.  Furthermore, I'd like failed binaries to be kept for further
analysis, so I didn't want them to be stored in /tmp.

So I came up with a solution that would keep gcc using TMPDIR for its
temporaries, for speed, and would allow me to specify different
directories for each run of dejagnu.  Perhaps the patch should use
TMPDIR if TESTSUITE_TMPDIR is not set:

-	  echo "set tmpdir /tmp" >> ./tmp0 ; \
+	  echo "set tmpdir $${TESTSUITE_TMPDIR-$${TMPDIR-/tmp}}" >> ./tmp0 ; \

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org