Re: Mark Mitchell's 15-May toplev.c patch breaks some Fortran statementfunctions

    Toon> Dave Love wrote:

    >> The cause of the grief is:
    >>
    >> Fri May 15 18:49:30 1998 Mark Mitchell <mmitchell@usa.net>
    >>
    >> * toplev.c (rest_of_compilation): Don't defer nested functions.

    Toon> So, naturally, I tried to look up this change to see the
    Toon> rationale behind it, but as far as I can see this was never
    Toon> discussed here.

    Toon> Mark, could you dig up *why* this change was necessary ?

Actually, I was as surprised as you to see this go in; I'd submitted
it months ago!  Jason Merrill checked it in.  I think this comment
explains what either he or I believed the problem to be:

         /* We cannot defer functions containing nested functions
    	    since the nested function data is in our non-saved
    	    obstack.  We cannot defer nested functions for the same
    	    reason.  */

--
Mark Mitchell 			mark@markmitchell.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting	http://www.markmitchell.com