Re: STRICT_ALIGNMENT is too strict for m68k

On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 02:35:18PM -0700, Greg McGary wrote:
> > Changing the value of STRICT_ALIGNMENT changes the ABI.

Seems to me that there should be a separate macro for controling
the alignment of members in structures, leaving STRICT_ALIGNMENT
for indicating if unaligned accesses to memory will trap.

Perhaps define a STRICT_ALIGNMENT_FOR_STRUCT, and default it to
STRICT_ALIGNMENT in stor-layout.c?

Gary, I don't think this would be a particularly large patch if
you'd like to have a go at it.

r~