Re: Template compilation

> I try to compile a simple template example (see attachments)
> and I get the next error:

Others that know C++ and g++ addressed this question.   I'll just
throw in some SCO-specific trivia for free.

> My system is SCO 5.0.2 and I use egcs-1.0.2 (build by me too:(
[ munch ]
> The standard C++ compiler for SCO (CC) compiles this example with
> no problems.

Assuming you're using the CC that ships as part of the SCO OpenServer
Development System and not the CC that ships as part of the (new) U/ODK,
you're talking about a Cfront mutant that is mostly of early 1990's
vintage.

I don't think it's at all safe to consider this compiler anything
resembling authoritative regarding C++ as it exists in the late '90's.
There are surely reasons why everyone, including SCO defected from
Cfront.