Re: gcc alpha/NetBSD 1.3 target files

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Richard Henderson wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 1998 at 03:43:49PM -0400, Paul H. Anderson wrote:
> > The following patches are a initial effort to get egcs working on the
> > NetBSD/Alpha platform.  The code comes entirely from the Linux work,
> > usually with simple substitutions and a few slightly larger modifications.
>
> This will not be added to the 1.0.2 branch, as such changes at this
> time are reserved for drop-dead bug fixes.

Okie dokie.

> However, I will be happy to help you integrate these into the
> development sources, destined to become egcs 1.1.  You will also find
> that you have an easier time of it, since sometime after the 1.0
> branch I reorganized things such that another Alpha/ELF system would
> not have to duplicate all the files.
>
> I'll take a look at integrating this patch this weekend, after which
> it would need some verification.

I'll be happy to either re-integrate the changes into the development
sources, or to do verification of whatever patches you make.  Just let me
know what you want me to work on.  My project strongly requires a working
g++ for *BSD on the Alpha, so I'm pretty motivated to make this go.

Just keep in mind that I'm new to the Cygnus/GNU way of doing software
development.  I have done large scale development using GNU tools, just
not on them.

Paul

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |