Re: Problems compiling

	/tmp/cca05291.s: Assembler messages:
	/tmp/cca05291.s:4: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.arch'

This means you need a newer binutils release.  My understanding of this is that
egcs was deliberately left incompatible with some older binutils, because
they had serious bugs.  Getting a assembler error at egcs build time is
better than discovering that some programs have been silently miscompiled.

	gperf -p -j1 -i 1 -g -o -t -G -N is_reserved_word -k1,3,$ \
	   ./c-parse.gperf >tmp-gperf.h

It looks like the `gperf' program installed on your system was miscompiled.
There isn't anything we can do about that.

However, it should not be necessary to run gperf to build an egcs release.
The releases are distributed with an up-to-date c-perf.h file so that gperf
isn't needed.  It appears that the timestamps of your source files are wrong,
perhaps because you copied the sources, or checked them into/outof a source
code control system.  See <http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#generated_files>
for info on how to work around this problem.

Jim