Cross Compiling

Hi, I'm hoping that I can get some clarification here.  I've read the
FAQ on using egcs as a cross-compiler and I'm still in the dark.

How do I setup to compile?  Should I extract and build each step
separately (binutils, egcs, glibc) or do I make a single directory
structure?  I was under the impression that I could do a one-pass build
by putting all of the appropriate subdirs from binutils and glibc into
the egcs directory and then doing a "make cross."  Am I correct?

Is there anything else I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks in advance.

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos              % - %  "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu         % - %   thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) alexandr@hawk.pearson.udel.edu  % - %   drives my desires."    (8