Re: error message formatting

Recent changes by Ben Koznik and me have improved the situation.
(The relevant ChangeLog entries are dated April 9.)
Basically, g++ did not use to really "know" about typedefs
- that is it could not distinguish between two equivalent
types but with different typedef names.  This was changed
for C a couple of years ago, and was very recently changed in g++.

For a function:
JArray<jstring> foo (jint a, JArray<jint> b , jstring c)
{    return c+b; }
I now get:
/home/bothner/devo/libjava/prims.cc: In function `class JArray<java::lang::String *> foo(jint, class JArray<jint>, class java::lang::String *)':
/home/bothner/devo/libjava/prims.cc:943: no match for `java::lang::String *& + JArray<jint> &'

Notice the use of the jint typedef.  There is a still a problem in that
the typedef of jstring is being expanded; someone should look into
why that is still happening.

David Cogen <cogen@ll.mit.edu> writes:
> I am stating what I, as the USER, wants to see. (The USER rules, or should!)

Perhaps, but you, sir, are a LUSER.  Have you heard the expression
"don't look at gift horse in the mouth?"  Have you or your employer
*paid* anything for Gcc?  Have you contributed anything to Gcc?
If not, quit your unmannerly whining.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner