Re: error message formatting

	Anthony and David,

	Unfortunately, this is mainly due to the structure of the STL.  Because
it is so template based, you're going to get those long lines.  I think the SGI
compiler has some sort of line break macro that will allow it to divide a long
line response like that into something slightly more intelligible, but really,
the entire output could be extremely important to someone who had to debug
code. I had a problem due to a misplaced "const" that would have been
impossible to track down if the compiler hadn't put out long diagnostic errors
like that.

	Basically, if you want simplicity, STL is probably not the way to go.
 However, there are a whole lot of reasons why it pays to use STL instead of
coding and debugging your own template libraries.

Good Luck.

--
Mark Schaefer