Re: Inconsistance in snapshots repository

  In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.980415001559.3746A-100000@alcyone.dbai.tuwien.ac.at
>you write:
  > On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
  > > 1997-09-10/           1997-12-15/           LATEST-IS-1998-04-06 <----
  > > 1997-09-17/           1997-12-25/           LATEST-IS-1998-04011 <----
  >
  > On a related note, I realized that in the CVS repository gcc/version.c
  > still has "egcs-2.91.23 980404".
I'll look into it, probably a consequence of running the snapshot
script a few dozen times and tweaking it in the process.

  > On another related note: What happended to the idea of bumping the date
  > more regularily, e.g., daily?
No time.  Like most things a contribution of code would greatly
speed up the process.

  > And on a final related note, I suggest to use 19980404 instead of 980404,
  > unless egcs won't be Y2000-compliant! <g>
Probably a good idea, even those it's just a version string and
means nothing to the compiler itself.

jeff