Re: problems building on Solaris

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Jim Wilson wrote:
> I see three possible solutions to this problem:
> 1) Add the requirement that people using CVS must install GNU xgettext, and
>    fix snapshots and diffs so that they include the generated .pot files.

I believe this shouldn't become a requirement.

Of course there have been some troubles with generate files in CVS
lately but we shouldn't make it too difficult for people to make use
of CVS snapshots by requiring too many further packages...

> 2) Add the .pot files to the CVS archive.
> 3) Stop building the po subdirectory.
>
> Personally, I like the last choice.  Here is the patch I have been using,
> but as yet I haven't tried to force this on everyone else.

Either one of 2) and 3) would be fine for me, though 3) will probably
cause less troubles in the long term.

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/