Re: Trouble with genattr and 1.0.2 under linux

	1) configure can't guess what kind of system I have.

Why do you say that?  Did you get an error from configure?  What was the
error?

	  I supplied
	   "i586-pc-linux" and that seemed to make it happy.

I think that is wrong.  Try i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1.  You must use -gnulibc1
if you are using libc5.

     /bin/sh: ./genattr: No such file or directory

This is the classic `missing interpreter' problem.  Executables have an
interpreter field.  This is a shell for a shell script, and it is a dynamic
linker for dynamically linked programs.  If the interpreter is missing, you
get a `No such file or directory' message, but it reports the executable file
name not the interpreter name.  It is the dyanmic linker that is missing,
and that is probably because you configured wrong.

Jim