Re: egcs-980321 on sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 test results

> 3 CPU minutes. Isn't there a way to limit the running time of any
> compilation/execution to something like 10 minutes to catch infinite loops?

Run the programs under a shell that supports limit control.  Under
Solaris, I think this means ksh.   Then use the shell's internal ulimit
to cap the max CPU time or stack or vm or anything else you need to
catch.

Don't fall for the trick of looking at the man page for ulimit(1) to find
the syntax.  Look at the man page for ksh to find it.

RJL