Re: libio patches for glibc 2.1

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> I, as a glibc 2.1 developer, don't want to use egcs snapshot, which
> is known (intentional) to break from time to time, for glibc 2.1. I
> want a stable compiler which is compatible with glibc 2.1. I don't
> want another factor in my glibc 2.1 work.

I do understand this, of course.  The problem is only that by putting
in more and more changes into egcs 1.0 it might not stabilize and
especially with volatile code like the egcs/glibc 2.1 interface this
might require even more changes once egcs 1.0.2 is out.  You should
case about Jeff who really likes to devote his time on egcs 1.1
instead of another 1.0 release.

If Jeff has no objections about adding the code to egcs 1.0, go ahead.
The code itself is correct, my only fear is that it might not be the
last required change.

-- Uli