Re: libstdc++-2.8.1 - Ready for testing

On , 22 February 1998, 13:57:16, ak@muc.de wrote:

 > Manfred Hollstein <manfred@s-direktnet.de> writes:
 >

 > > Anyway, I'd like anybody who will be testing the stuff and finding
 > > bugs, to send the info and (if you have) a patch to the gcc2 list.
 > > I will then track the stuff and update the sources.
 >
 > I'm not sure if you consider this a bug, but g++/memory still contains
 > this comment:
 > // Note: auto_ptr is commented out in this release because the details
 > //  of the interface are still being discussed by the C++ standardization
 > //  committee.  It will be included once the iterface is finalized.
 >
 > Because the standard is final now, would you accept the rather simples patches
 > to reenable a standard compliant auto_ptr?

To be honest, I'm not in the position to accept anything like this; as I
mentioned, most of my work was to get the stuff together, hack a little bit
around and offer that to you. But, you're right, since the standard is final,
if you have working patches perhaps we should give it a try.

If they are small enough, I guess we could even try for 2.8.1 ;-)

Post them! Thanks.

Manfred