system.h

I have two comments on the new system.h.

It includes too much.  Most of gcc doesn't need more than the ANSI C
declarations: abort, stdio, string, and character functions.  All the
non-ANSI header files, if included at all, should be conditional on
the .c file requesting them.  Only a few would need to.

gcc should #define the string functions to use the ANSI names except
when they are known to be unavailable or undesirable.  I can't
remember using a system without memcpy.  It was slow on old BSD so
bcopy was preferred there.