Template members

A quick question on template member syntax, and whether
egcs is behaving correctly:

I have a line of code that looks like this (e is an STL
iterator):

myAttribute attr = (*e).getNode()->getAttribute<myAttribute>();

egcs complains about a parse error before `>'.

myAttribute is defined in a header file included by the source
file.  This worked before I used template members to get at
attributes (direct request to the attribute manager object).

Is my code incorrect, or is this a bug in egcs?  I couldn't
find anything in [3rd] to indicate that this would be a problem.

                                      -Dave