Re:

Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> wrote:
:>
:>   In message <9802091815.AA16287@bacchus.pc1.uni-duesseldorf.de>you write:
:>   >
:>   > Since there are so many patches going around, will there be a release
:>   > egcs-1.0.2 any time soon.
:> I suspect it'll happen before mid-March.  Exactly when between now and
:> then is hard to predict at this point.

Sounds good !

:>   > Is there an archive of patches to egcs-1.0.1 (separated from the
:>   > snapshot patches) anywhere ?
:> ?  Not sure what you're really asking.
:>
:> Are you trying to figure out how to update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2?

No, but following the mailing lists, there are coming in bug reports and patches
for fixes/enhancements of egcs-1.0.1 and of the current egcs snapshots/cvs tree
mixed altogether.

I was thinking it would be nice to have an archive of patches that can be
apllied to the last egcs-release, separated from all the patches that can only
be applied to the snapshots.
I know that for you development guys the snapshots are more important to move
forward, but shouldn't we make the releases as 'bugfree' as possible.
So if there is knowledge from the snapshot tree, that can go into the release
tree easily, why not give the user a possibility to patch his release instead
of waiting for the next release.

Or is all this even possible by just checking out the release tree from the
cvs-sources regularly ?

Thanks for the good work,
Jochen

  Jochen K"upper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universit"at D"usseldorf   jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
  Institut f"ur Physikalische Chemie I
  Universit"atsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29    phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 D"usseldorf                            fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen