Re: EGCS & libiberty Was: egcs-980205 and m68-next-nextstep3: quick death

 Robert> robertl > Then we could lose all sorts of "private" functions in gcc
 Robert> robertl > such as the "mybcopy" and "mybzero" things that pop up all
 Robert> robertl > over the place.

 jeff> It's been in the back of my mind to link gcc against libiberty....

 Robert> While the code is undergoing the warning scrubbing sounds
 Robert> like a good time to do it, and it's the sort of thing that
 Robert> those of us that aren't RTL-heads can help out with.

I thought the idea, raised long ago, was that libiberty should provide
missing libc functionality for gcc to link against, rather than just
itself be linked against.  libf2c currently has to worry about things
like BSD-style sprintf which it would be nice to finesse.