Re: rebuilding libgcc2 every time?

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

:   > This still happens through snap 980129.  When I do a make of any kind, and
:   > then do a make install (or even another make), libgcc2.a (and subsequently
:   > libgcc.a) gets rebuilt each and every time--something more than painful on
:   > multilib targets.  Do we have a dependencies problem?
: Most likely.  Are you using irix or hpux?  This kind of problem
: seems to show up using the "vendor" make on those two platforms.

Ah.  I'm using vendor make on NetBSD.  (The compiler is hosted as "SPARC
SunOS 4.1" running under NetBSD's binary compatibility.)

: Does it happen if you use gnu-make?

Don't know, but I will check it out and see.

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price