rebuilding libgcc2 every time?

This still happens through snap 980129.  When I do a make of any kind, and
then do a make install (or even another make), libgcc2.a (and subsequently
libgcc.a) gets rebuilt each and every time--something more than painful on
multilib targets.  Do we have a dependencies problem?

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price