Re: libf2c rearrangement

  In message <19980121184315.03854@twiddle.rth.home>you write:
  > It has been mentioned that one of the problems with g77
  > wrt embedded systems especially, is the fact that libf2c
  > is built at the wrong place, and should be moved out to
  > the top level like libstdc++ and whatnot.
Yup.

  > I have a patch here to do just that.  Before applying it
  > you should do `mv gcc/f/runtime libf2c'.
Very cool.  Builds great.  No install targets though :(   If we
can get the install target stuff hammered out, then this should
go in.

  > On a marginally related note, shouldn't we just remove
  > the gcc/f/gbe directory, now that Fortran is supposed to
  > be integrated?
Are there any changes from the gbe dirs that are still useful?

The idea behind keeping them was as a historical reference -- if
we're reasonably certain we've picked up all the bits we we want
then I've got no objection to eliminating them.

jeff