Re: [1.0.1] Irix 6 MULTILIB_OPTIONS

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:54:50 EST, John Carr <jfc@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> I don't expect a significant difference between -mips3 and -mips4 in
> libgcc.  I suggest having only two variants: -n32/mips3 and -64/mips3.

Makes sense to me.  The trouble is that there doesn't seem to be a way
to do that without making -mabi=64 default to mips3 instead of mips4.
Actually, I would consider the latter choice to be a good thing, as I
don't have access to a mips4 machine anyway.  I'm curious; is there a
compelling reason for the current default behavior, given that mips3
machines also support the 64-bit abi?
--
Jerry James
Email: jerry@cs.ucsb.edu