Re: typeinfo nodes resolution

On 28-Jan-98 Jason Merrill wrote:

>> this header. The problem is because in the second
>> case typeinfo nodes should be generated using ".lcomm"
>> assembler directive instead of ".comm", i.e. they
>> should not be global.
>
> This is wrong.  They must be global, as they must be resolved to a single
> object.  The linker should not warn about such things.
>
> Jason

But what should I do if AIX native linker can not resolve
multiple instances, if they are in different shared objects?
And I cannot avoid multiple instances using #pragma interface/
#pragma implementation, if my class is fully inline (i.e. all
functions are inline and there is no special module to
instantiate something of this class; compiler correctly
generates local symbols for inline functions, why not to
do this for typeinfo nodes?).

Andrey.