[egcs 1.0.1] i386-pc-solaris2.6 and -g

It appears that the -g option is not working quite correctly on my
i386-pc-solaris2.6 build of egcs 1.0.1.  I configured it with the
following options:

 --enable-shared --enable-threads --with-gnu-as

since binutils 2.8.1 was available.  I did not set BOOT_CFLAGS, or do
anything else out of the ordinary during the build, just a "make
bootstrap" followed by a "make install".

Programs compiled with -g cause the binutils 2.8.1 addr2line and objcopy
(and hence strip) to dump core.  The problem seems to be that a lookup
of the filename symbol doesn't succeed, returning a null pointer for the
filename.  Addr2line, in particular, then tries to print the filename,
causing it to seg fault in libc.  The strange thing is that nm shows the
filename symbols in there.  Has anybody else seen this?  If not, any
clues on what might be happening?  Is my egcs somehow corrupted?  Note
that programs compiled -g with Solaris cc and gcc 2.7.2 cause no
problems.

Thanks for any answers,
--
Jerry James