Re: No rule to make target all in gcc/f/runtime

Robert Lipe wrote:

> ? Yet another problem with SCO OS 5.04:
>
> I build probably three or four times a week on 5.0.4 these days...

Hm, sorry, can you fill ankete, usefull for dummies as me:

1. command for updating cvs-tree
     cvs [-z9] update  egcs || cvs [ -z9 ]co egcs
    (Y/N)

 2. software, which nessesory on SCO OS 5.04:
     gnu-path + gmake +autoconf + m4 + bison + flex + native as + native ld +

(gcc-2.7.2.1 or egcs-1.0.1)
           2.5           2.6           (last)
    Something else ?
    /usr/local/bin must be the first directory in $PATH

 3. configure process:
    1, mkdir egcs-obj near egcs
     2. cd egcs-obj; sh ../../configure --srcdir=../../
[other-possibly-options]

 May be the problem, that srcdir must be absolute ?

 4. building process
    make bootstrap
    make install

> ? 1. configure  ---srcdir=.../egcs --enable-shared
>
> I can't at all promise that --enable-shared is a good idea with all the
> multilibbing issues we have going on in OpenServer.   Only in the last
> few weeks has multilib worked pretty well (ok, at least for languages
> which are multilibbed ) and I'm not at all ready to tackle the issues
> of shared multilibsy yet.

   Thanks.

> ? 2. make all
>
> Uuuuh, you mean 'make bootstrap', as described in the documentation,
> right?

  with `make bootstrap`   result is the same. (last checked today)  I guess,
that 'all' is correct target, which "only build"

> Also, there have been various forms of wierdnesses with older GNU
> makes triggered by EGCS.  Be sure you're on at least 3.76.

May be it is. I found, that I have 3,75

--

    @=
     //RSSH                              mailto://Ruslan@Shevchenko.Kiev.UA