Re: -fcheck-memory-usage, Checker, Purify, and core files.

>   Purify with EGCS on our Sparcs is making a royal racket, but
> successfully links everything I've wasted time one when given the
> correct options, (I hope to send tips explaining how to get it working
> or at least what works for me).

As for Purify and egcs, I found that the least painful approach is to
update Purify. They've released 4.1 for Solaris recently, and it does
not complain about the many N_FUN symbols, and it also does not crash
so often, anymore.

Just check out the Rational home page, and navigate tot the Purify
download section. Have your version number and password ready.

Hope this helps,
Martin