Re: fixincludes problem

> The 'fixed' version
>   > is pretty ugly though.  It repeats stuff.
> Weird.  I wonder if the djgpp version already had one of the #ifdef/#endif
> pairs -- else something in fixincludes or sed has gone nuts.
This seems likely.  The original header file I put in /usr/local/lib/gcc....
did not have any #if __cplus_plus around the struct expection.  But
I do build snapshots fairly regularly so its likely that math.h had
already been fixed during a previous install.  At least, the version
currently in /usr has one set of #ifdefs around it.

> This isn't done by fixincludes -- gcc uses its own stddef.h which bears
> no resemblance to any one provided by the system (this is true for a few
> files, including stddef.h, varargs.h, stdarg.h and a few others).
Oh - well this is my problem then.  After building libgcc
the make process crashes with

__gcc_bcmp
_varargs
__dummy
_eprintf
In file included from ./libgcc2.c:1393:
include/stdio.h:36: redefinition of `size_t'
include/stddef.h:168: `size_t' previously declared here

I just assumed it was the fixinclude's screwing things up.  Does gcc
intend that its newly supplied copy of stddef.h be used always
by the resulting cross-compiler?  DJs stddef.h is very specific to it,
and cannot be replaced by a generic one.  Will setting fixincludes=Makefile.in
disable this version of stddef.h from being used?  Or alternatively, can
I just modify the copy of stddef that will be used to support the DJ
specific stuff?  Right now, I just copy the original DJ supplied stddef.h
into the build directory and restart things.

Thanks for the help

Andy

--
           /                       	                  Andrew Crabtree