Re: Static members in templates in egcs-1.0.1

    dave> I've been trying to find out for a while: does the C++ spec
    dave> allow you to define static consts in the class definition?
    dave> Egcs & g++ do, but all the compilers I've tried on NT
    dave> complain.  Here's what I'd like to do:

[ class.static.data ]

4 If a static data member is of const integral or const enumeration
type, its declaration in the class definition can specify a constant-
initializer which shall be an integral constant expression
(_expr.const_).  In that case, the member can appear in integral con-
stant expressions within its scope.  The member shall still be defined
in a namespace scope if it is used in the program and the namespace
scope definition shall not contain an initializer.

--
Mark Mitchell		mmitchell@usa.net
Stanford University	http://www.stanford.edu