Re: fixincludes problem

  In message <199801110722.AA159173374@typhoon.rose.hp.com>you write:

  > >   > Could somebody tell me how to disable fixincludes from running
  > >   > in certain situations. Here's the scenarion where I have problems
  > > Set FIXINCLUDES to "Makefile.in" in the Makefile.
  > Thank you.  I ran across this for other configurations but
  > wasn't sure if it was what I should do or not.
Which ones?  There should be _very_ few which do this.

  > I am very unknowledgable about the whole configure/build process,
  > so these next questions are more from ignorance than anything.
  >
  > There is no 'native' compiler, header files, whatever else for
  > a DJGPP target. the include files are all provided in a separate
  > download package when you install things.  Why would we ever
  > want to fixincludes for this particular target?  The old 2.7.2
  > way didn't even use the standard configure method.  Its only an
  > option now since bash has been ported to dos.
  >
  > And, why run fixincludes when we are generating a cross-compiler?
  > I guess perhaps changes to gcc would make re-fixing files necessary.
  > OK - I'll buy that.
  >
  > I will go back to try to get specifics on
  > what changes to the header files are breaking things and reports
  > them.
Most include files have subtle bugs in them, regardless of where they
originate from.  It has nothing to do with native vs cross -- whatever
include files you're using need to be scanned and problems fixed.

An interesting exercise might be to run fixincludes and see exactly what
it changes for the include files for djgpp.

jeff