Re: Mostly successful build/install of egcs 1.0

  In message <tprvhvyd3hb.fsf@cs.ucsb.edu>you write:
  > So, just adding the -mips3 switch changed the size of both long and
  > pointer from 4 bytes to 8 bytes.  The info page for the MIPS switches
  > says this:
It's a historical fact that the mips port assumes that longs and pointers
are always the same size.

This is likely to be addressed in the very near future.

Obviously there's other doc things that are incorrect.

  > srcdir/config.guess.  However, all I can see are config.cache and
  > config.status.  Did you want one of those?
It meant run <srcdir>/config.guess and send the resulting output.

Thanks,
jeff