Re: Bugs using -fPIC on linux (i86 RedHat 5.0)?

  >> In looking at the temporary assembler file, the lines it objects
  >> to is:
  >>
  >> call @PLT

  Richard> This is a compiler bug, as the target symbol for the call
  Richard> is missing.  Can you give us the preprocessed file that
  Richard> generates this problem?

Sure, I would be happy to if you tell me have to make it. I've looked
through the man page for "preprocess", but I have a hunch that you are
not looking for the kind of files mentioned in preprocessing there
(like using -E or similar). If it is the .i or .ii file you want (or
any other for that sake), you have to tell me how to produce.

Please also note I have still not been able to reproduce the bug (call
@PLT) with a small test sample - it still only happens on the first
file in my project. The small test sample that I have created to
demonstrate the differences with and without -fPIC I have posted a
separate message about, and it fails with a internal compiler error
(see previous posting of my for a full explanation).

Marius