Re: New problems with gcc-2.8.0 based code - NOW FIXED!

  In message <199712291737.SAA07160@saturn.s-direktnet.de>you write:
  > Well, it wasn't a failure of the compiler! The kernel and all the modules
  > could be built successfully, but when booting this kernel some system
  > calls issued by the two programs `isapnp' and `clock' reproducably fail,
  > i.e. cause `segmentation violations' of the two programs.
OK.  That points to either a code generation bug or a bug in the linux
source.

  > I then recompiled isapnp and clock with gcc-2.8.0 and now the situation
  > became even worse: no more SIGSEGV's but kernel oops's!
:(

  > Perhaps I should look at the source of the particular programs and find
  > out using strace what's really going on.
Might be helpful.  Though I suspect it's a kernel module that's being
mis-compiled or is incorrectly written, so the strace might tell us
what syscall is failing.

jeff