Catch 5.0.x

A bit of a chicken and egg problem arose as I tried to recompile
the dejagnu and egcs releases of 12/22 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.4.

Configure, in both programs, finds gcc or cc, but it then insists on
inserting -belf in the CFLAGS and occasionally in the LDFLAGS.

That flag is OK for SCO's current cc, and it's also OK for the gcc
that brother Lipe furnished for OSR 5 in the recent past.

Just now I've got the egcs-1.0 gcc first in my path, and -belf won't do.

So I went around the various source files, zapped all occurences of
-bzip; dejanews built and installed, and make bootstrap is churning away
in egcs-1.0.1-gcc's stage2 even as I write.

--
Jean-Pierre Radley   jpr@jpr.com   XC/XT Custodian   Sysop, CompuServe SCOForum