Re: egcs and kde...

> The c++ part of egcs is causing a lot of compatibility problems.

Rather, the large number of bugs in g++ 2.7.2 is causing compatibility
problems for code that was never run through any C++ compiler other
than g++.

> Is there an easy way to work around stuff like this:

Hard to tell: the code sequence you give does not show what WIFEXITED
and WEXITSTATUS do (are they macros), so we can't tell whether these
are compiler bugs or KDE bugs.