Re: [971031]: Fix for broken hypot funct. on m88k-motorola-sysv3

  In message <9712120945.AA20731@lts.sel.alcatel.de>you write:
  > Well, I added this for two reasons:
  >
  >  1. I didn't want to make changes which would probably affect other systems
OK.

  >  2. Some checks should be rewritten to use my new ${target...} stuff,
  > because building a cross compiler will otherwise fail to fix some header files;
  > most tests are like `if [ -f /vmunix ]...' which of course can be
  >  misleading (or even wrong!) in a cross environment.
We should avoid this kind of check if at all possible since they are obviously
incorrect for cross compilers.

  > BTW: This patch has been obsoleted by the second part of
  >      <http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-bugs/1997-Dec/0137.html>
All the more reason to send one patch per mail message...
jeff