Re: Environment variable to pass in options?

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Louis Marascio wrote:

> Chuckle, sounds like a pain.  There are, however, some instances when it could
> be helpful :) .. atleast from my perspective.  Compile options might be making
> my needs to generalized.  What I really want is some way to specify a path or
> set of paths that would have the same effect as having a bazillion -Isomedir in
> my compile line.  I tried each of these to no avail: CPATH, C_INCLUDE_PATH, and
> CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH.  Anything else I could possibly try? :)
>
> - - - - -
> Louis R. Marascio                  A.K.A Louis Armistead and Jim McCraken
> Email: lmarasci@stevens-tech.edu   "We have plenty of psychological abuse
> ICQ: 4270107                        in stock" -- Ripped from jsm

On an alpha-dec-osf4.0, CPATH works.

I define CPATH as (in bash)
CPATH=${HOME}/local/include:${HOME}/repl/lib

A test program
#include "hbook.h"
#include <curses.h>

main()
{}

I have hbook.h in ${HOME}/repl/lib, and curses.h in ${HOME}/local/include.
egcs was installed in ${HOME}/local/packages/egcs-1.0

Weiwen