on egcs-1.0

  I've read some talks about the release, egcs-1.0.  Since I'm reading
that if I apply patches from 1201 to 1.0, it won't be compatible with
the next snapshot.  I wonder about binary compatibility of programs
compiled with one version with the other. Will the difference between
the versions affect a program, that is dynamically compiled to one, on
the other (I expect both to have a libstdc++.so.2.8.0 name).

  Since I have a very slow link, I'm not very keen on downloading
patches or upgrades, unless they are necessary or provide a needed
functionality... or solve a critical bug.  And 1201 snapshot is
working beautifully here now.